The Pelican Chapter of Associated Builders and Contractors Inc. brought home 14 awards from the national ABC Convention in Long Beach, California—including the ABC National Young Professional of the Year Award, ten awards for world-class construction projects and one award for craft work in instrument fitting.
ABC Pelican member Lance Arvel of GROUP Industries has been named the ABC National 2019 Young Professional of the Year.
The LSU Construction Management team, sponsored by ABC Pelican, took home third place overall and third place in estimating at the 2019 ABC Construction Management Competition. The team was comprised of Brandon Brignac, Briggs Campo, David Morris, Courtney Tilly, John Davis and Annalise Rabito.
ABC Pelican member companies received 10 awards for outstanding merit shop construction projects at the 29th annual Excellence in Construction Awards. Only 90 projects were honored at the national level, each showcasing industry talent and commitment to building safely, on time and on budget.
NATIONAL EXCELLENCE IN CONSTRUCTION EAGLE AWARD WINNERS
• Cajun Industries, LLC, HE-201D Replacement Project (Plaquemine)
• ISC Constructors, LLC, Honeywell UOP-DSG Electrical Upgrade and Lab Feeder Replacement (Baton Rouge)
• MMR Group, Shell-Olefins Flare Gas Recovery Project (Deer Park, Texas)
• Triad Electric and Controls, Inc., Dow Gulfstream Poly B Train 3 Project (Plaquemine)
• Turner Industries Group, Shell Tiger AO4 Heavy Transport (Geismar)
NATIONAL EXCELLENCE IN CONSTRUCTION PYRAMID AWARD WINNERS
• EXCEL Group, Westlake VCM Control Building (Geismar)
• GROUP Industries, City Hall Plaza (Baton Rouge)
• MMR Group: BASF Geismar Electrical Reliability Project (Geismar)
• Performance Contractors, Inc., Dow Poly B&D (Bay City, Texas)
• Turner Industries: Olin Plaquemine 2018 Turnaround (Plaquemine)
NATIONAL CRAFT CHAMPIONSHIPS
Third Place, Instrument Fitting: Brian Gordon, ABC Pelican craft student sponsored by ISC Constructors Inc.